The spine gives support and flexibility to the trunk and is responsible for protecting our central nervous system whose function is to transmit information about movement, fatigue, pain and sleep throughout the body. When we spend a lot of time sitting (especially at work), when we use the computer for a long time, when we have bad posture habits or a sedentary lifestyle, it is common to cause discomfort in the back.
One thing to keep in mind, is that bed rest is not recommended, although many times think otherwise, but you have to stay active.Although each case is particular, it is important to always follow the instructions of the doctor or physiotherapist.
Here we share some exercises to relieve back pain, which are simple to perform and usually give enough relief.
Exercise is important in preventing future back pain. Throughout the exercise you can:
- Improve posture
- Strengthen the back and improve flexibility
- Lose Weight
- Avoid falls
- It is also healthy and advisable to add other activities to your routine, perform exercises that generate aerobic activity, such as walking, swimming and cycling, as well as stretching.
Check out This: Reasons Why You Should Stop Going To Massage Spa?
Some measures you can take into account to prevent back pain:
- Avoid standing for long periods. If you should stand up for your work, try to use a bench and alternate the rest of each foot on it.
- Do not wear high heels. Wear padded soles when walking.
- When sitting down to work, especially if you use a computer, make sure your chair has a straight
- backrest with an adjustable seat and back, armrests, and a swivel seat.
- Use a stool under your feet while sitting so your knees are level higher than your hips.
- Put a small pillow or rolled towel behind your lower back when sitting or driving for extended periods.
- If you are going to drive long distances, stop and walk a little approximately every hour. Bring the
- seat forward as far as you can to avoid crouching.
- Do not lift heavy objects just after a trip.
- Stop smoking.
- Try to maintain a healthy weight.
- Do exercises to strengthen your abdominal muscles on a regular basis. This will strengthen the
- corpuscles to decrease the risk of additional injuries.